Musings of an UN-professional..

August 04, 2011

Doorknob Kitchen - Asian Fusion Guacamole

A couple days have passed since the "avocado incident," and it's time to reap the benefits of my pain-inducing battle with the tree.  Not to be underwhelmed by regular old guacamole, I sought out a recipe that had some pizazz, added a couple of my own tweaks, and here's where I landed. This one makes use of fresh ginger, which has become a staple in the Doorknob Kitchen. At 25 cents a piece at the Farmer's Market, you really can't go wrong.

Asian Fusion Guacamole
The Supplies:
  • 2 large avocados
  • Juice from one lime ( or ~1/4 cup if you are using the plastic lime bottle thingy)
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root (I grate mine with the smaller side of a cheese grater)
  • 1 teaspoon wasabi paste, give or take, depending on your tolerance (I upped this a bit)
  • 1 onion, minced
  • 1-2 jalapeno peppers
  • A couple of mint or cilantro leaves, chopped (I used cilantro)
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • Salt and black pepper,  to taste
Mash up everything except the tomato until it's your desired consistency. I like big chunks of avocado but you're the boss in your kitchen. At the end, fold in the tomato pieces.

Ahhh, sweet redemption.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once. ~ Lillian Dickson