Musings of an UN-professional..

July 16, 2011

Doorknob Kitchen - Miso Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi

I enjoy eating fish, but never seem to make it at home. (Seriously, I think I've made fish sticks once since I've been married). I've resolved to change that since my move to Hawaii, as the access to fresh fish is amazing and it's good for you (and I have time to cook now..)

Last evening, I tried my hand at a ginger miso glazed mahi and it was fantastic. This one is extremely flavorful and can be whipped out in about 30 minutes.

Glaze (enough for ~ 4 pieces of fish)

1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 minced garlic clove
1- 1 1/2 tsp shredded ginger (depending on how much you love ginger)

Coat fish with the glaze and let sit in the fridge for 20 minutes (Any leftover glaze can be saved to pour on top at the end.)


Cook in a frying pan over a small amount of olive oil for about 4 minutes on each side, until flaky with a fork. I'm sure you could bake this too, but the pan crystallizes the glaze and gives a nice crust to the soft fish.  Pour remaining glaze on top.  Voila!

I served mine w/ a side of mashed Hawaiian purple sweet potatoes (yummmm..)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once. ~ Lillian Dickson